Powered By Blogger

November 11, 2009

my final thoughts to my OCB family before yorton 3 days out...

I can't believe I am going to be joining all of you to compete in the biggest show of the year! Last year sporting a size 16, healing from a cervical fusion and lower back surgery, I must say this has certainly come full circle for me. I'm so proud to say 83 total lbs lost and 69 lbs just this year. (hoping to say –70, show day) Considering my obstacles and weight loss I look pretty good so I'm going to just be happy to be up there.

There are so many of you to thank and acknowledge, to name a few, Reemo, Veronica, Nicole, Sully, Zack, Tina P, Lady Y, Blythe, Jen Z, Theresa, Michelle, Mel, Dunya and Big Ike (please forgive me if I missed anyone). But I couldn't have done it without you! You guys took me in and allowed me to be a part of a family when I was clearly not physically close to competing. When other people doubted me, no one here did.. Or at least to my face.. LOL! Everyone encouraged me and made me feel welcome. So I'm doing this show for all of you too, without you it wouldn't be possible.

I am truly honored to have this opportunity to be on stage with some of you. It's a day I'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment