Powered By Blogger

November 1, 2008

One year Post Cervical Fusion


I can't believe how fast time went by, it's been a year since my fusion and 1.5 from my lumbar surgery. Here is what I am left with....

Left hand - fingertips still numb all the time
Still have problems with hands falling asleep when sleeping and they get very numb
Vertigo on and off
Bending my neck forward sometimes I feel odd sensations in my feet
Facial nuralgia - on and off

These are what I am left with in regards to my cervical surgery, I still have issues due to my lumbar surgery that are slightly different andmainly in the lower body of course.

To celebrate the year I went to the gym and did some heavier training. I was able to push and do 25 lbs db shoulder presses today which is a big deal for me, considering I never thought I would be able to do that again.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, your dedication is amazing and inspiring. So many others with your obstacles would not have the same drive and attitude as yourself. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete